Following on from the Trail opening in 2018, the Kaikoura Cycling Club Track Team would like to invite you along to ride the annual fun ride.
16 Nov 2019
(Canterbury Show Weekend)
2 Start options:
The full loop – 39km
Starts at 10:00am from the South Bay Junction
Cycle the South Beach, Kowhai, Waiman, Hapuku and North Beach sections of the trail.
The half loop – 22km
Starts at 11:00am from the corner of Mt Fyffe and Topline Roads
Cycle the Waiman, Hapuku and North Beach sections of trail.
Finish on the beachfront at the Lyell Creek footbridge, West End. Meet at the Groper Bar after the ride for refreshments, food and chatting. Ample bike parking available around the back of the Groper Bar.
The Kaikoura Trail
Is developed and maintained with volunteer input lead by our amazing Trail Team.
Need to know:
- Best suited to an MTB bike, if you have mad bike skills ride what you like!
- Mixed Surface – single trail, gravel, tar
- Grade. Some sections of single trail are intermediate grade. Be aware of narrow sections, root and rock obstacles and overhanging branches. Ride within your ability
- Be considerate of walkers
- Take all litter with you
- Protect and respect our wildlife, plants and trees
This is not an event; there are no prizes, timekeeping or any of the stuff that happens at an event. We are simply going for a ride with our wonderful Track Team to explore and enjoy the Kaikoura Trail.
Riding bicycles is hazardous. By participating in this ride you confirm that you will ride within your abilities and take full responsibility for your own safety. Obey road rules at all times when cycling on public roads. There are two railway crossings at Hapuku – Expect Trains.